Your Daddy says that you will hate that nickname, but it was so sweetly given to you by your sister that I think you will grow to love it. Baby boy, you are 5 months old today. You are so sweet, and such a cuddle bug. You can be exhausted and hungry, but if Daddy or I pick you up, you give us that infectious ear-to-ear grin that makes me want to burst into tears. I can't explain why. Maybe it is because you look so much like your sister, and I know how fast these days fly by. Maybe it is because your mouth is the perfect miniture replica of your Daddy's. Maybe it is just because I never knew that I could love three other human beings as much as I love you, Mia, and your Daddy. I was worried, that since you were not the first child, you would suffer from a lack of one-on-one attention. I was wrong. :) You will not let us let you suffer from that. You love love LOVE to be held. Here are some other discoveries we have made in the past 5 months...
1. You love to be outside. If you are really upset about something, a trip to the front yard makes you forget all your worries.
2. You adore your big sister. In the mornings, when I have both of you laying on the blanket in the floor of Mia's room, you always roll to her and grab her arm. It is more precious than words.
3. Your little monkey toes are always grabbing each other. And your feet totally give away your mood.
4. You are happiest when you have your Daddy or me within your line of vision.
5. You are a snuggly boy, and you like to be face-to-face with me to fall asleep.
6. You can roll over from back to front and front to back now. Yesterday, you rolled completely off your blanket in the living room floor! I think you were trying to get to the kitchen and be with me and Mia.
7. You tolerate your pacificer, but you are not a paci baby like your sister was. In fact, you much prefer holding it, mesmerized, and sometimes attempting to put it in your mouth.
8. You prefer to awaken in the 4 am hour. But, sometimes, you can make it until the 6 am hour. When I do go in your room in the mornings, you squirm and kick and smile the instant that you see me - even if it is in the 4 o'clock hour. It makes it difficult to be upset that you are awake.
9. You laugh when Daddy or I do silly things...like sing songs, give kisses, or zerbert your tummy. And I love your laugh. It also brings tears to my eyes; it is so innocent and pure.
10. You are a CHUNK! Mia was such a little baby, and you have quite the rolly-polly body. It is perfectly round, just like your sweet face.
11. You want to grab everything! You definitely appear to be right-handed, and you reach for any and everything within your grasp.
12. You talk to yourself, especially when you are in your carseat. Mia did the same thing, but I had forgotten about it until you started it. It is like this little groaning moaning sound, and then you fall asleep.
13. You snort before you start to cry. It makes people laugh when they hear it for the first time.
14. You, just like your sister, have those precious ocean-blue (recessive trait) eyes.
15. Your meals are very scheduled - a person could know it was 6:30 am, 10 am, 1:30 pm, 5 pm, or 8:30 pm by your hunger cries.
16. You love to sit up, and can almost do it without help.
17. You love to stand up, and can't almost do that without help. But you do have very strong legs.
18. You have given me the chance to see how different daughters and sons are...and how similar too.
19. You have filled my life with more happiness than I knew was possible. Because I was already happy.
20. You have evened us out - 2 boys and 2 girls - and we would not be the same without you.
Thank you, Lord, for blessing me with my amazing son. Cole, happy 5 months. Thank you for making us complete.