Thursday, January 31, 2008

What is it about Elmo...

...that has my daughter so enamored? She will sit and watch Elmo's World for 50 minutes at a time, and it blows my mind. She has memorized the DVDs that we have, often calling out who or what comes next, and she still loves them. In fact, the only specific thing that we can get her to tell us she wants for her birthday (coming up in a couple of weeks) is a chocolate Elmo cake with pink icing. Every night, after we say prayers and give kisses, she reminds us about her birthday cake wishes. Seriously. I think she is afraid we will forget!

On another, unrelated note, the Babywise philosophy is consuming my world these days. In an effort to get Cole on a more regular schedule that will hopefully lend itself to sleeping through the night in 6 weeks or so, I am re-reading the book On Becoming Babywise. The biggest challenge is the eat-wake-sleep cycle - namely, the wake portion. My little man wants to snooze after each meal. I have resorted to stripping him down and playing with his toes. Even that doesn't always work. I was reading in a parenting mag that babies often willfully fall asleep in an attempt to ignore annoying stimuli. So, it is really a lose-lose situation for me.

No comments: