Monday, February 4, 2008

The Magic of the Mommy Memory

It was less than 2 years ago when my daughter was born. And I know that we had many a sleepless night in those first 2 months of her life...but I just do not remember that at all! My husband and my mother seem to remember, but I don't. I think it is the power of the mommy mind that allows us to forget that so we will have more children. That must be it. Because I could swear that Cole is the first baby to not sleep well at all during the night. Supposedly his sister was equally as stubborn for her first couple of months. At least that gives me hope. So, possibly, in 5 and a half weeks, Cole might be sleeping for 8 hours at a time. Although, at this exhausted state I am in, 5 and a half weeks seems like a really, really, really long ways off. And, that is not a guarantee. That's what Babywise tells me and that's what I have written on Mia's baby calendar - that at 8 weeks, we were getting 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. We will see, I guess.

Because right now, he seems completely opposed to getting any rest before the early morning hours. In fact, it was about 5 am before he calmed down this morning. And I am not too pleasant after an hour or so of sleep. And poor Chris - he had to actually go to work today. Thank goodness for my mom, who helped me out yet again today so I could get another hour of sleep.

Then, I ran a few errands by myself. It was so nice outside and so wonderful to be like a normal adult for a couple of hours. I must say, I am ready for Spring!!!

2 comments:

drbaucom said...

Oh my goodness! And you still can't have caffiene!

By the way, lyrical and modern are really coming together. Wish you could see them!!

drbaucom said...

Ha ha ha! Well, they're about the same size....