Monday, December 15, 2008

Freedom...and Boredom

So, we have officially had our first day out of school due to snow/ice. And I was really excited about it this morning. Until I realized that I still was up at the same time (11 month olds do not exactly go back to bed just because it is a possibility)...and that Chris still had to go to work...and that I would probably be home-bound all day. Don't get me wrong, I have been rather productive (laundry, dishes, more laundry, etc.), but I get a little crazy just being at home. It reminds me of the first month or so of both kids' lives. We stuck to the house, since it was the middle of winter and RSV season, and I just felt cooped up and anxious. Today, I have so much I need to do, like Christmas shopping, and it is like my body knows that I need to be doing things so it leaves me feeling uncomfortable. Anyhow, I think I would be much less moody if Chris were here. But he, like most other people, still had to work today. Boo.

On a positive note, however, the weekend trip went well for Daddy and the kiddos. I got home on Saturday night, and both kids were in bed fast asleep. And it was wonderful to spend some time with friends and away from the house.

Right now, Cole is asleep in his bed for his second nap today. Mia, on the other hand, is throwing a fit in her room. She is still required to "rest" most days for at least an hour. It lasted about 5 minutes before she started yelling for me. Thankfully, Coley sleeps through her yelling. She will remain up there for the entire time regardless, so I may just go into the bedroom, shut the door, and fold laundry.

Oh, and a few more random things. Recently, I asked Mia what she wanted to be when she grew up. I knew that she might not even have a concept of the idea, but I wanted to see what she'd say. Her reply? A gingerbread man! :) HAHAHA! And for the record, I love the Oxford comma. You know, the one that is used in lists before the and. Reading sentences without it makes me feel weird, and even though it is grammatically acceptable, I don't like it.

That's all from the Posey household for now. On to fold some of that glorious laundry.

3 comments:

drbaucom said...

I agree! I can't get used to leaving out that comma.

Lauren said...

Wouldn't it be lovely for the business world to shut down when school is out? I know I would love it! And since you are catching up on your laundry and I'm at work, feel free to run by and throw a load in the washer for me. :)

Michele said...

Mia is definetly sweet enough to be a gingerbread man! I love that!