Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Nutty

So I am borrowing from zumthemum when I say that life is NUTTY these days! And in order to keep all my (3) readers happy, I want to let you know what's happening at the Posey home. :)

I am transitioning into my new job as a preschool Director. I think it will be wonderful once I get the hang of it all. Like any new job, it is overwhelming and stressful right now...especially since I need to hire three teachers by next week! But I am so excited about the year getting started and getting into our new normal.

With that, it is also so weird to not be going back to teaching. It was a little sad when I cleaned out my room. I will miss the kids and the other teachers. But this is a new opportunity, and I am completely embracing it!

This past weekend, our upstairs AC went out. Of course, it happened on Saturday afternoon. So, Saturday night was an adventure with Cole sleeping in the pack-n-play in the computer room, and Mia sleeping in bed with us. Coley did great, but Mia did not settle until almost midnight. Sunday night was worse. Cole woke up at 1 am, and would not go back to sleep. We had only been asleep for about an hour when he awakened, so 3 am brought all four Poseys in one bed. Yep - we slept like that until about 8 am. Thankfully, the AC was fixed on Monday and we resumed our regular sleeping locations. :)

And now, it is Wednesday night...a little bittersweet because it is the last Wednesday night of SYTYCD! And tomorrow is the finale! What am I going to do when it is over?!?!?! We do have tickets to the tour, but that is not until October. I am just so in love with that show!

So, I hope life settles a little bit. I am sure it will.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will sure miss you at the I-High this year, but I know you will do wonderfully in your new job. Best wishes!

Kelli said...

I am SO sad SYTYCD is over too!! Don't tell Eric, but I got him watching it too...and I think he actually enjoyed it. :) What are your thoughts on the outcome?

Glad your A/C is working now. What a hassle! Good luck with the new job. Such a bittersweet transition. I'll be praying for you.